Who? What? When? Where?
Here's our fantastic logo designed by Lily Bourne with some important notes below:
Graphic design by Lily Bourne
Here you can find all the numbers in Streakin' on Spotify:
Artistic Management Team
Director Chris Burton, Dance Director, Co-Director Alex Hughes,
Vocal Director, Co-Director Kirsten Clark, Band Director Danielle Joe
Costume Directors: Sally Darby and Carol Kellett
Currently, this show has never been performed outside of the USA. At my request, rights have been granted to an Australian distributor, David Spicer, to distribute the show in Australasia. Hopefully, this will be our second Australasian premiere.
Below is some basic information shared from the libretto. It gives you an idea of what the show is about.
The show was originally written for a cast of 6 but we will be using a cast of somewhere around 40. Therefore, our cast list will likely be quite different; we see the exciting ability with this show to give acting, dancing and singing opportunities to capable individuals who aren’t necessarily the named roles, as per the different parts listed below that each of the six played. That will be decided as a result of workshops/auditions in Term 4 Weeks 1 – 3. However, we will retain the core of lead characters too.
Streakin’! is a kaleidoscopic musical flashback to the 1970s set in the USA.
Each scene introduces a cultural happening from the decade. Within each scene are memories related to those phenomena that tumble into each other and morph, ultimately creating a pop collage of the entire decade.
It is a comedy based in the joy of remembering a tumultuous and fast-paced time. Simultaneously (for the people who may not have these memories) there is the music. Each song authentically conjures up the original hit. Although the performers are not impersonating the original artists, they pay homage to the original hits by incorporating quirks and phrasing from those recordings and morphing them into refreshed and alive performances.
TRIPP: A dazed and confused adult. High rock tenor.
Plays: TIM, the “pop star” son in 27 Bubblegum Lane (a 70s sitcom); a draft dodger; JO JO, the “winner of last week’s hustle contest”; a trucker; a backwoods Deliverance type.
TYRONE: A Lou Rawls-type who came to “party.” Must sing R&B as well as pop.
Plays: POPS, a stagehand in Scream That Theme; DR. GRADY, the father in 27 Bubblegum Lane, (a 70s sitcom); a student revolutionary; the VILLAGE PERSON.
DONNY: An “Up With People”-type (Donny Osmond) with a toothy smile. Great pop singer and great comedian.
Plays: TAP KNEEJERK, a game show host in Scream That Theme; CARVER, the myopic and brainy son in 27 Bubblegum Lane (a 70s sitcom); a student revolutionary; TONY MARINO, a Saturday Night Disco King; a John Denver-type.
CHRISSIE: A blonde (Suzanne Somers), 70s bombshell-type. Must be an excellent singer and dancer.
Plays: A Karen Carpenter-type; MELANIE COLLINS, the sex-crazed girl next door in 27 Bubblegum Lane (a 70s sitcom); a HIPPIE CHICK modern dancer; LEESHA, “last week’s winner of the hustle contest”; a Toni Tenille-type.
GLORIA: A tough women’s (Gloria Steinem) libber. Must be an excellent comedian and singer.
Plays: ZANNA O’MANNA, a whacked-out, Vanna White-type in Scream That Theme; PEGGY, the housekeeper in 27 Bubblegum Lane (a 70s sitcom); a student revolutionary; SCARIE WHITE (Carrie’s cousin); a female trucker; a backwoods Deliverance-type.
ANGELA: A former disco diva and Tina Turner-type. Great dancer and a fierce R&B singer.
Plays: a Patti LaBelle-type; POOKIE, the youngest pigtailed daughter in 27 Bubblegum Lane (a 70s sitcom); a student revolutionary (an Angela Davis-type); SONNA, a Donna Summers-type and a trucker.
CHORUS: will include a number of the smaller characters above plus bystanders, protesters etc
MUSICAL NUMBERS which are likely to be shared more than is indicated below with chorus added in places
1. Play That Funky Music White Boy Band & Cast
2. You Sexy Thing Tyrone
3. Have You Never Been Mellow Chrissie & Backup
4. Smokin’ in the Boys Room Tripp with Tyrone & Donny
5. I Am Woman Gloria & Women
6. Everything is Beautiful Donny with Tyrone & Trip
7. Lady Marmalade Angela with Chrissie & Gloria
8. Scream That Theme Band
9. Scream Bossa Band
10. Love is All Around Band & Zanna (Gloria)
11. Movin’ On Up Band & Zanna (Gloria)
12. Streakin’ Music Band
12A. Streakin’ Music Reprise Band
13. Musical Chairs Band
14. Those Were the Days Pops Washington (Tyrone) & Contestant
15. Scream That Theme 2 Band
16. Rainy Days and Mondays Chrissie & Backups
17. Theme From 27 Bubblegum Lane (Pre-Record?)
18. Brand New Key Melanie Collins (Chrissie)
19. Joy to the World Pookie (Angela) & All (Except Dr. Grady)
20. You Light Up My Life Peggy (Gloria)
21. Bubblegum Incidental (Pre-Record?)
22. Love Will Keep Us Together Company
23. War Cries Tripp & Company
24. Who’ll Stop the Rain Angela & Tyrone
25. Peace Train Company
26. I Love the Nightlife Sonna
27. Treat Her Like a Lady Underscore Band
27A. Treat Her Like a Lady Tony (Donny) & Company)
28. In the Village The Village Person (Tyrone)
29. Disco Inferno Scarie (Gloria) & Company
30. The Morning After LeeSha (Chrissie) & Company
31. Take Me Home Country Roads Donny with Gloria
32. The Air That I Breathe Donny, Angela & Tripp
33. Convoy Trucker (Gloria) with Angela & Tripp
34. Muskrat Love Part 1 Toni (Chrissie)
34A. Troglodyte (The Bertha Butt Boogie) Sugar (Tyrone)
34B. Muskrat Love Part 2 Toni (Chrissie)
34C. Mountain Cousins Inbred Cousins (Gloria & Tripp)
34D. Muskrat Love 3 Toni (Chrissie)
35. News Montage Company
36. MacArthur Park Company
37. I Will Survive Angela & Company